How important it is that children learn the notion of time! But it is true that explaining what seconds, minutes, hours or days are can be a somewhat boring task and, above all, complicated. Since Guiainfantil.com We suggest that you show them and read this story entitled 'El tiempo', a story to learn the hours, days, weeks and months and, incidentally, the importance of being yourself.
The second went to protest at the time.
- I'm sick of them changing my name! Also, I am the smallest, I do not paint anything in this world! He exclaimed very sad.
Time looked at him confused.
- What do you mean second? I do not understand the cause of your anger and your sadness - he said.
- My name is second! Why if we get together Sixty Seconds they call us minute?
- That's why you're no less important - answered time to the second.
The minute was hanging around.
- You are not the only one! If we get together sixty minutes they call us hour - He told him.
- That's why you're no less important - answered the minute to the minute.
Also the time was there.
- The same thing happens to me! Twenty four hours of us we form a day - He gestured.
- That's why you are no less important - answered the time to the hour.
- Yeah come on seven days together they call us week!
- That is why you are no less important - answered the time a day.
- Mine is chaos! It doesn't matter if we get together four or five weeks they call us month. What a ruckus!
- That's why you're no less important - answered the time a week.
- Well, we, if we get together twelve months they call us year - The month told them.
- I don't know what you're complaining about! It depends on the years with those I meet they call me in a way! Luster, decade, century, millennium- He exclaimed throwing his hands to his head.
- Enough already! That is why you are not less important but quite the opposite! - Said time tired of all his complaints.
Second, minute, hour, day, month and year they looked at the time waiting for his speech to continue.
- There would be no year if the month did not exist, there would be no month if the week did not exist, there would be no week if the day did not exist, there would be no day if the hour did not exist, there would be no minute if the second did not exist ... - he said looking at everyone pausing at the last one.
- I exist thanks to all of you!
The second his eyes lit up; Although he was the smallest, for the first time, he felt very important.
They all looked at each other in understanding; no matter what they called them, they were still themselves and, among all of them, they had named something very great: time.
Now is the time to see if, through reading this beautiful story, the little ones have learned something. It is true that there are many concepts, but let's help them to acquire them little by little with these reading comprehension questions.
1. Who is the protagonist of this story?
2. What is sixty seconds called? And at sixty minutes?
3. Tell us four words related to the year.
4. What emerges from adding the seconds, minutes, hours, days, months and years?
If your little one liked this story, try also reading the following stories about the weather and working with the resources that we propose. A fun way to learn the hours or months of the year.
- The month of the years
What if, in addition to helping them learn the months of the year, we encourage them to learn another language? For them nothing better than this song in English.
- Huga, the turtle. Children's poetry to learn the months of the year
Trying to get children to learn the months of the year by memorizing them can be very heavy, as well as boring for them. Through the story of Huga, the turtle, your little ones will be able to know the name of each month and many more fun things.
- Fun games for children to learn the hours of the clock
It is super important for children to control time, because that will give them greater autonomy and self-confidence. Encourage them to always wear a watch and practice these activities with them.
You can read more articles similar to Time. I count to learn the minutes, hours, days, weeks and months, in the category of Children's stories on site.