Parents spend a lot of time thinking about what could be the best gift for our children, the one that we are going to ask the Magi or Santa Claus for them. However, we forget another gift that we have to give: the one that we are going to have. Therefore, this time we are going to try to find the best Christmas gift for parents, the one we all deserve (and need). And I can tell you that it is not about something material.
Maybe, just maybe ... The best gift that parents can give each other at Christmas is spend time. This time, I am not asking for time to spend with our children, which is also very important. On this occasion, what we want is for you, as a father or mother, to dedicate time to yourself.
This time can come from any of the following options:
1. Spending time with girlfriends or friends.
2. Take time to change clothes.
3. Do a workshop on how to improve self-esteem.
4. Attend a mothers (or fathers) talk to educate with conscience.
5. Spend time in sports (yoga, Pilates, tennis, soccer, gym or any other physical activity that you like).
6. Carry out the course or craft workshop that you have been dreaming of for so long, or the dance or robotics or cooking.
7. Go to the library and be quiet, reading the book you like.
8. Walking alone in the city, beach or country.
9. Visit that person you haven't seen for a long time and you want to see again.
10. Volunteer help for the elderly, children with problems or simply organizing food or clothing.
And so, we could make a list as long as parents on the face of the Earth. Stop for a moment and reflect ... What would you like to add to this list?
No matter what option you choose from the list, what really matters is that you are taking care of yourself in order to take better care of yours. And this goes through our day to day without paying any attention to it. Taking care of ourselves to take care of is the best Christmas gift that we can give ourselves as parents.
And what is this need due to? Time passes through various reflections.
- The first thing I think about is the following: We go like crazy, from one place to another, managing stress as best we can, day by day and without getting off the automatic pilot. From there I wonder What are we teaching our children?
- The second thing I ask myself is, if we are always available to others, and others are before us, what are we teaching our children? Who is the priority in the life of each one of us?
- Last but not least; being out of time for us is lose our life. Suddenly one day, you will wake up and ask yourself, is this life? And I wonder, is this what you had programmed to live? And above all, is this what you want to transmit to your children? And may a day come when they too will ask these same questions.
Surely you can think of more reasons to dedicate that time to yourself. Therefore, you should schedule time for yourself and your favorite activities. You will find in this time a better way to reflect, to perceive clearly and even to make better decisions.
I know, we are not used to it, so, for this Christmas, start, and do not miss this gift ... 'The road called AFTER, leads to a country called NEVER'.
You can read more articles similar to Time for us, the best Christmas gift for parents, in the category of Gifts on site.