Diarrhea is the most common cause of dehydration in children. A child can become dehydrated from severe diarrhea, gastroenteritis, or heat. The symptoms are basically the same: dry mouth, profound weakness, dry eye, and deep crying without tears.
Experts recommend a treatment based on the consumption of water, tea, juices and coconut water, and oral serum. If you don't have a pharmacy one on hand, you can make homemade serum.
- 1 liter of boiled or filtered water
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- Juice of 1 lemon
Rehydration salts are very easy to make at home. It is a way to avoid dehydration caused by vomiting and diarrhea, as well as to cure it, both in children and pregnant women.
- Boil the water for 20 minutes. Let it cool down.
- In a bowl, mix the water with all the other ingredients.
- Mix well until everything dissolves completely. Serve it cold.
- Offer a tablespoon of homemade serum several times a day to the child until he is cured of dehydration.
1 - The durability of this serum is a maximum of 24 hours. From then on, throw away the leftovers and prepare another liter of whey.
2 - Oral rehydration salts are used to replace the water and salts lost during diarrhea and vomiting.
3 - The serum is suitable for all ages of children, for all adults and pregnant women.
4 - The homemade serum It can also be used on dogs and other animals, when necessary.
As important as hydrating during hot weather to avoid or cure diarrhea, dehydration or gastroenteritis, is knowing how to take the homemade serum. The homemade serum should be taken:
- The same day of its preparation. Its duration is maximum 24 hours.
- In small sips throughout the day. To babies and children administer the serum in tablespoons.
It is important to know that in the event that the child has diarrhea or vomiting, the serum should be given after each vomiting or evacuation. But it is necessary to know that the serum will not stop diarrhea and vomiting, it will only hydrate and recover the liquids and mineral salts that were lost.
Homemade whey is a life-saving food that cures many digestive problems, but it is not indicated in those cases:
- Children and adults with diabetes. The doctor should be consulted first
- When diarrhea and vomiting are strong. In these cases you have to go to the doctor.
What is dehydration? Dehydration is a state that the body experiences when it cannot replace the fluids that are lost through sweat, urine, feces, tears ... Children often lose water and mineral salts when they have diarrhea, vomiting, fever, when they play sports and sweat excessively, or when they suffer from an illness. If these children do not replace the fluids they lost, they end up being dehydrated.
On our site we tell you the symptoms of dehydration in babies and children. It is necessary to know that some of these symptoms can also be justified with other diseases in children:
- Persistent crying, irritability, or listlessness
- Excessive tiredness, fatigue, drowsiness and lethargy
- Loss of appetite
- Sinking Fontanelle in Babies
- Sunken and dull eyes
- Altered urine The frequency is decreased and the urine has a yellow color and strong odor
- Dry mouth, tongue and skin
In the event that the baby, especially, has these symptoms, a pediatrician should be seen to be evaluated and receive the appropriate treatment.
You can read more articles similar to Homemade whey recipe to prevent dehydration in children, in the category of Fruits on site.