We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Raise your hand that father or mother who did not spend hours and hours of their recess playing stop, to the coarse or to the chocolate! And it is that this game has traveled from generation to generation, modifying only its name. It was one of the funniest hobbies of our childhood, at least mine! Why not get it back now so children learn to read and write in a spontaneous and fun!
Learn to read and write and doing it without spelling mistakes has never been so much fun. And it is that through stop game the child will be acquiring new knowledge and new skills without realizing it. Do you want to know what it consists of? The dynamics is very simple:
- Take a paper and a pen and divide the sheet into six columns.
- In each of them a theme will be written. In the first, the letter with which we are going to play; in the second, 'Name'; the third we are going to use for 'Food'; in the fourth, you have to write 'Thing or object'; in the fifth 'Animal' and, finally, the sixth will be the box to add the points.
- Then, go making lines to place each of the letters that you touch, in such a way that it looks like a chocolate tablet, hence some know it as "the chocolate game".
- To avoid cheating, put folded pieces of paper with the different vowels and consonants in a bag and take them out one after the other. Here's a tip: don't include child-friendly letters like w, unless you're playing in another language.
- A player selects a letter at random and everyone starts to fill in the gaps. The first to finish says "Stop" or "Enough" and immediately everyone raises their hands and stops writing.
- For each success that each player has, 10 points will be added; But be careful, if two participants agree on a word, then only 5 will be counted. In the event that only one child has filled in a box, they get an extra, 15 points! The winner is the one with the highest score.
- The stop game it does not have an end. You decide when it ends, but we warn you ... get hooked!
If you are a teacher, this activity is perfect to develop in the classroom, because it will be a way for children to have fun while learning. How to make it more effective?
- You can perform individually, so that each student goes over different concepts and then you can evaluate each one; or also in group, to thus promote cooperative learning.
- You can apply at any age (The difficulty of it can be adjusted to each stage of the child) and also in different subjects. For example, if you are in language class and you have to do a dictation, change it for a stop game session. Another option is to use it in English class, more than recommended for them to learn new vocabulary and practice the writing and the speaking!
- The Advantages of this proposal to carry out in class are infinitive. Children learn to write, gain mental agility, practice writing, increase their vocabulary and ... do addition! And if they want to know who the winner is, they will have to make the final count!
How many times are you at home and your children say the phrase "I'm bored"? According to experts it is good and even necessary for them to get bored, but if you are thinking of doing something other than sitting in front of the television or with the console in hand, the stop game is your solution!
- It's perfect for those Sunday afternoons where you can't leave the house because it's raining.
- It can also be a activity to develop after eating in summer, when the children no longer want to take a nap and it is good that they wait a while to digest and get into the water.
- You will not be able to miss either family reunions with grandparents. You can make teams: grandparents and grandchildren, on the one hand, and parents on the other, or also include cousins and uncles. Who will win? Without realizing it, you will all be doing brain gymnastics.
- And the best of all: you can take it anywhere because it weighs nothing. All you need is a pencil and a few sheets of paper and fun is guaranteed!
Personally in my bag I always carry a notebook and pens and when, for example, we go somewhere and we have to wait a long time (doctor's waiting room, a restaurant table ...) I take out all the material ... already play and learn has been said! Do you sign up for I play the stop?
You can read more articles similar to The stop game for children to learn to read and write, in the Games on Site category.